SUMMIT POINT, W. Va. – Woodbridge Kart Club hosted their final race of 2021 at Summit Point Motorsports Park this past weekend, and club officials have already finalized their 2022 road race karting dates at the popular racing complex in the West Virginia panhandle.
WKC will again host four races at Summit Point next year – two at the 1.6-mile Shenandoah Circuit and two at the 2.0-mile Main Circuit. Both races at the Main Circuit will be AKRA Road Race Series Nationals for the second consecutive year.
The April 15-16, 2022 opener at Shenandoah will be a Friday/Saturday race with Easter falling on Sunday, April 17. The May AKRA national on the Main track will have a Friday practice in 2022.
Here’s a look at WKC’s 2022 race weekend at Summit Point:
- April 15-16 (Friday/Saturday): Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit
- May 20-22 (Friday practice, Saturday/Sunday racing): Summit Point Main Circuit (AKRA National)
- July 9-10 (Saturday/Sunday): Summit Point Shenandoah Circuit
- August 20-21 (Saturday/Sunday): Summit Point Main Circuit (AKRA National)
Other WKC Points Races:
- June TBD: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course (hosted by Dart Kart Club)
- September TBD: Pittsburgh Int’l Race Complex (hosted by Dart Kart Club)
For more information on the Woodbridge Kart Club, visit their website at woodbridgekartclub.com.